Tuesday, April 3, 2007

It's A Small World After All


Andrew drove us back to Songpan. His driving is very good and did not scare me at all. It was a very quiet ride compared to the bus too because there was no honking, the quiet was really welcomed by my ears. We went back to our fave hotel, the traffic hotel, looking forward to our heated blankets. Instead, the hotel was full and we were put in a little room with a ragged peice of fabric that apparently qualified as a blanket. It was going to be a cold night! We set off to fetch dinner at a cafe. Arriving at the cafe there were lots of important people working on a reforestation project in China. I met Li Bo (spelling incorrect) who worked for John Sacklin in Yellowstone. I of course shared with him that Mary Hektner was my boss and he told me to tell them hello. He wanted to sent something back for them but I told them that we were leaving at 6 AM. I took a picture instead of all of us in Songpan to prove that I had ran into someone with a tye to Yellowstone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, do they have any glug in China?

cousin Bob from Couderay :)

(with help from Mark)