I first decided to head to China when my parents told me I am of Chinese decent. It's a long story as to how I didn't learn this earlier in life, but that's not the strangest part. The strangest part is, my sweet parents, then, purchased me Heather, a Chinese Robot, to keep me company while I was growing up. Yes, my sister, Heather, is a robot. (Explains a lot right?) She has recently moved to Minneapolis. Watch out Minnesota! Five years later Hansel was born, and he is actually of Swedish-Polish decent--he was not Chinese, nor was he a Chinese robot.
This is a little about us, but my strange family history is not why I started this blog. It's because, over the next five weeks I will be traveling around China, familarizing myself with my heritage and I would like to share some stories from my travels with all of you. To stay posted visit "Chop Suey" my new blog, often : )
Love, Heidi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My Dearest H-E-I-D-I,
You are nuts and I love you.
Paul
I guess my sister has tricked many of you, I've been sent several emails and asked by many of you about my ancestry--I'm not Chinese (as far as I and my parents know). Nor is she a Chinese robot (although she certainly does a good job of pretending to be!). Last year at the ripe old age of 30 she pulled off a great Chinese robot Halloween costume. Ever since then she has not been able to pull herself out of character. She is very creative, that sista of mine and love her.
Heidi
Post a Comment