Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hong Kong


3rd day in China and yet is has been very eventful. I have only a few sentences to describe Hong Kong. The hills are San Fran magnatitude and it has the world's longest escalator. The climate seems perfect to my liking --there is HUMIDITY and about 70F. Everyone saunters across the street while double decker buses come to a screeching halt. However, once the crosswalk turns red again, the buses certainly show no mercy, waiting for no one, grinding up hills making even the birds fly. Double decker buses take the 90 degree corners at speeds that I'm shamed at how fast I usually drive my curve huggin honda civic. Hong Kong was a good experience, other than paying $740 HK or a little over $100 US for our visas. We were set to embark on our next adventure--leaving the safety net of Hong Kong for China.

2 comments:

Paul Van Antwerp said...

Dearest H-E-I-D-I,
I have a friend that told me about the open-bottomed little "onesies" that toddlers wear in China. Have you seen those?
Paul

Heidi said...

Paul!!
Just back here on US soil and YES I did see the onesies but they call them split pants in China (or so I'm told!).
Heidi